Eggs are transferred from the setter room to the hatch room after 24 days of incubation to prepare for hatching. Eggs are placed in baskets, instead of on trays, to comfortably accommodate newly hatched poults. Optimal temperature and humidity levels must be maintained to ensure a successful hatch.
To learn more about hatching or for resources related to the hatch room, please click the links below.
Have you ever wondered what characteristics describe good poult quality? Check out our Poult Quality Essentials to learn more.
- ChickMaster Website
- Embryonic Development Poster
- Jamesway Website
- Measuring yolk free body mass (YFBM)
- Monitoring Hatchery Performance
- Optimizing the Hatch Window
- Petersime Website
- Poult Quality Essentials
- Poult Temperature Management
- Reproductive and Fertility Guidelines
- Trouble Shooting your Hatchery - Causes and Solutions